Develop an effective converting landing page and improve and test the conversion on a permanent basis. build trust with your visitors.
If you’re looking for an easy and low risk way to increase your landing page conversion rates, then use the conversion rate optimization strategies outlined here:
Conversion Rate Optimization is also the fastest and easiest strategy to increase your sales without spending more money on increasing your traffic.
The following are the top 6 conversion components that should be tested and improved to boost your conversion rates…
1. Headline – Use headlines that clearly state the biggest benefit(s) that your product offers. Tell them exactly what they can get on your landing page.
2. Offer – Since your offer is the “call to action” that asks your visitors to act (purchase, sign up, opt-in), your offer accounts for the second the biggest opportunity for improvements in conversion rate.
3. Lead – The “lead” or first paragraph is the third biggest opportunity for improvements in your conversion rate. Leads must be written with strong benefits that capture your visitor’s attention and make them want to continue reading.
4. Benefits – The “benefit bullets” (bullet-point format) are the forth biggest opportunity for improvements in conversion rate.
5. Images – The images you use have a big impact on your conversion rates. The best practice is to use images that clearly portray the biggest benefit your product or service offers your customer
6. “Look & Feel” – According to a recent study by Stanford University, 46% of Web sales are lost on websites that lack the critical elements that build value and trust with website visitors. The number one reason the people indicated why they wouldn’t buy from a website was because it had an unprofessional “look and feel” that lacked credibility and did not “feel” trustworthy. Having a professional look, and trust building logos (such as VeriSign and BBBOnline certifications) help convert significantly more of your website’s qualified visitors into new customers.
Other Important Conversion Elements to test:
* Buttons – Button text, color, look, etc.
* Formatting and placement of page elements, images and copy
* Navigation links versus no navigation links
* Press Quotes